Saturday, January 18, 2014

"Boat Parade Reflections" Abstract, Palette Knife Boat Painting by Janet Bludau


Day 18 of the 30 Day Challenge
Today with my challenge, I am a bit of a cheater.  Again, working on the perfectionism.  This is a painting that I finished (or thought I had) a long time ago.  I never really did anything with it - it got lost in the shuffle.  I was asked to donate a piece of art to this year's Boat Parade Dinner and Auction.  It is a fun local event where all the home and boat winners of the last parade are honored, everyone eats and drinks too much and the Chamber of Commerce raises money to put on next year's boat parade.
Anywho........ seeing as though this composition is fairly perfect for a Boat Parade function, I got it out but made a few changes.  I changed up the color of the boat just a tad, added more shadow under the boat and added a highlight or two.  So, in an effort to get get the most out of my time, multi-task and not do everything perfectly, this is counting as my Day 18 painting also!
If you want more info on the fun party, go to the Newport Beach Chamber's Website and maybe you will join the party?!  My painting will be there and so will I ..........

No comments:

Post a Comment