Saturday, January 11, 2014

Tangerine by Janet Bludau, Small Still Life for the 30 Day Challenge


Day 11 of the 30 Day Challenge
6" x 6" Oil on Board
Still Lives really haven't been my thing.  The other day I was in Dana Cooper's local Monday workshop. I worked away most the day on my landscape and then added a few touches to my local architectural piece.  Then I thought I would do a quick study of what most the group was painting - the Tangerine in a box.  You should have seen Dana's!  If you want to, I just looked it up on her website.  Link is: http://danacooperfineart.com/works/823166/simply-orange
Gzzz, maybe I need to switch to Still Life.  The simplicity can be just beautiful.
Well, that was a quick tangent.  Back to me.   
I have another landscape on watercolor paper in the works for tomorrow's post.  I also need to drop off 2 paintings that will be in the Huntington Beach Art Center's show that kicks off February 1st.  Tonight is the opening of the Showcase Gallery's new show Perspectives.  I have 2 paintings in this show.
AND, I better get painting or I am going to be caught tardy come Monday morning.
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment